About the Lodge
Porters Alpine Lodge, owned and operated by Porter Heights Ski Club Inc., offers Dinner, Bed & Breakfast accommodation during the ski season to members and guests. During the warmer months, it can be made available for exclusive use, self catering group accommodation, by arrangement. Although nestled just five minutes away from Porters ski lifts and closely associated with the Porters ski field operation, Porters Alpine Lodge is a separate organisation. Non-profit, it relies on a few weeks of mainly winter business to cover operation costs.
Porters Alpine Lodge
• maintained to a high standard by active club members
• accommodates up to 46 guests in bunk rooms sleeping four to nine people in combinations of single and double bunks.
• has 39 bunks in total.
• has large community rooms and ideal ski facilities
• has a family focus; making it ideal for family and group bookings, with like-minded individuals also most welcome.
• is located a short drive off the Porters ski field access road.
• is powered by a generator which is turned off overnight and during the day
• not suitable for babies and / or children under four years old. No exceptions.
• under 18's must be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent/guardian)
Ideally positioned within easy reach of the other Canterbury ski fields.